Powered by Blogger.

Easter 2014

As with any good holiday, this Easter was jam packed with family and food. (Seriously, that's the basis for any successful social gathering in my option. Throw in some glitter and you're getting close to the party of the century.)

Anyway, we started the day by dressing up in our Easter duds and heading to church. There'd been a heated discussion (complete with voting) Saturday night on when we'd go to church. There were three options: the 7:00 a.m. at the historical church, the 9:00 a.m. outside at Boone Hall Plantation, and the 11:30 a.m. at the historical church. The 7:00 a.m. was determined to be far too early (as we'd have to get up at 5:00 or so to get the entire gang fed, dressed, and there by the time church started), and the 9:00 a.m. was scrapped because it was outside and the forecast called for 70% rain.

So, the 11:30 service it was!

Britton woke us up around 7:30, and she had her bottle before checking out what the Easter bunny had dropped off.

Britton enjoyed one of the squeeze pouches while she stuck stickers on Landon and herself. The stickers were a HUGE hit!

After we'd all had some breakfast, my parents, sister and grandma came to pick us up for church. We figured that if we were there about forty minutes early, we'd be sure to find a seat.


The historic church uses the traditional Rite I service, and while it's well-attended on any given Sunday, it's by no means crowded. We figured that most people had gone to the 9:00 a.m. Boone Hall service since the church had approximated 5,000 would attend. We were so wrong.

Because of the bad weather, everyone else had the same idea that we had: to go to the historic church 11:30 a.m. service instead. My mom and grandma found two seats in the main part of the church, but Landon, my sister and I head into the balcony since there weren't any places for us to sit three-across downstairs. We saved a seat for my dad, who was parking the car, but he never showed up.

Before the service even started, Britton made the entire balcony stare at us while she yelled "baby! Mama!" and then treated us to a wide variety of her best shrieks. She wasn't unhappy--just talkative--but I figured she'd be happier in children's church where she wouldn't have to sit still for the entire hour and a half service.

Landon went to take her to children's church, and left my sister and I in the balcony.

And, then, bum bum bum, another one bites the dust.

He got stuck in the crazy crowd on the way back from dropping off Britton at children's church, and couldn't get back up to the balcony. He, instead, attended the impromptu, non-singing service that took place outside since they couldn't pack another person into the church.

Amber and I had a great time singing up in the balcony; I'd never sat up there before, and we had a great view. It was a little odd getting Communion dead last, but better late than never, right?

After the service, we found everyone else scattered around the church, and headed back to my parents' house for Easter dinner.
At my parents' house, we proceeded to stuff ourselves with so many delicious things. Britton tried a little bit of everything!
Britton and her Gigi enjoy Easter dinner. I love the tiny chevron dress from Lolly Wolly Doodle!
We took a long nap after dinner, and relaxed the rest of the day. 

This Easter is the first I've ever spent in Charleston--we've always traveled to be at my grandparents' house or with Landon's family--and it was gloriously relaxing. 

What did you do for Easter? I hope it was a happy one!