Here you'll find all sorts of nerdy travel fun as I explore the literature, culture, arts, and history of the places I visit. I'm a part-time traveler based out of Charleston, South Carolina, and I love learning.
I started blogging in 2010 as a way to journal my newlywed life, but wasn't very serious about it. In November of 2012, I began the transition from teacher to full-time freelance writer and blogger, though it wasn't until November 2013 that I started building Cosmos Mariners as a brand. With my first press trip to St. Petersburg, Florida, in May 2014, I was hooked on travel blogging, and I haven't looked back since.
|At the Dali Museum in downtown St. Petersburg|
|In St. Andrews, Scotland|
|Ziplining fun in St. Maarten|
I've ziplined in St. Maarten, seen a Fourth Folio of Shakespeare in London, and kayaked with dolphins off the coast of South Carolina.
|My husband, daughter, and I at Disney World for her first trip|
According to Conrad Aiken, a Southern poet and the inspiration for my blog's name, we are all mariners of the cosmos, and our journeys should be one of adventure, speculation and surprise. While this blog will cover our travels, it will also follow our life adventures.
Basically, you're getting a travel blog with a side of everything else FOR FREE. (Who could pass up a deal like that?) There will be lots of pictures, lots of writing (as I'm anything but concise), and lots of talking about Disney World, the UK, and books because those are some of my favorite things.
Cosmos Mariners: Destination Unknown has been featured all over the internet:
- Rise Marketing Top 1000 Travel Bloggers
- Everything Everywhere: Travel Blog Directory
- Nomad Revelations: List of Top 2300 Travel Blogs on the Internet (History, Culture, Books + Arts section)
- Bob Around the World: Top Travel Blogs of 2015
- Open World Magazine, What's on Your Travel Bucket List for 2015?
- The Barefoot Nomad, 10 Tips for Visiting Charleston Like a Local
- Little Things Travel Blog, Tour Your Hometown: Cosmos Mariners and Charleston, SC
- Travels in Translation, Traveler Tuesdays: Interview with Natalie of Cosmos Mariners
- Justin + Lauren: Travel Blogger Thursday: Cosmos Mariners
- The Travelling Postcard: We've Got Mail: Interview with Natalie from Cosmos Mariners
- Who Needs Maps: Why You Should Study Abroad (collaborative post)
- The Travel Tester: Childhood Memories from Natalie + Cosmos Mariners
- The Sophisticated Life: Five Favorite Restaurants in Charleston
- Misadventures with Andi: Traveler Tuesday: Natalie of Cosmos Mariners
- A Southern Gypsy: Meet the Gypsies: Natalie of Cosmos Mariners
- Paper, Ink, and Passports: What's in My Suitcase with Cosmos Mariners
- Paper, Ink, and Passports: Around the World in Seven Questions with Cosmos Mariners
- LooknWalk: 17 European Destinations to Visit in 2017
- Where Kate Resides: Behind the Blog: Natalie from Cosmos Mariners: Destination Unknown
- Hello Travel: Top History, Culture, Art, and Book Blogs of 2016
Cosmos Mariners: Destination Unknown is also a proud member of the Travel Bloggers Influence Network (TBIN). Please see the TBIN tab for more information.
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.